This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information: postal/delivery addresses, billing addresses, telephone and mobile phone numbers and email address;
- online browsing activities on www.rcmodelz.co.uk (e.g products browsed, items added to basket) ;
- orders and purchases made on www.rcmodelz.co.uk;
- your I.P address;
- publicly available personal data shared on a public platforms (e.g Facebook page, Twitter feed)
- your passwords on www.rcmodelz.co.uk
- any communications with www.rcmodelz.co.uk and its staff members
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
RC Modelz Ltd (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) require your personal data to:
- provide you with goods and services;
- produce a website tailored to you;
- verify your identity;
- allow us to manage customer service interactions with you;
- manage account(s) registered with us;
- contact you electronically (e-mail) about promotional offers, events and services that we think may interest you. (when your consent has been provided);
- detect, prevent and investigate crime and fraud;
- disclose your information if we have a legal right or duty (e.g an investigation by a public authority, a legal dispute);
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Newsletter Sign Up
As part of the registration process for our newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by un-subscribing in your account settings, you can also email us directly.
When you visit www.rcmodelz.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect information to detail how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Contact Forms and Email Links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact Us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors listed below. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting or processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies to help us prevent and deal with fraud;
- External third parties including specialist IT support, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of our sites, our applications and any contract we enter into with them or you, including; Magento, eBay, Amazon, Klarna, Linnworks, SagePay, Freshchat & delivery companies to deliver you order (such as DPD, Parcelforce, Parcel2Go and Royal Mail).
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, marketing agencies, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Coupon Club owners (may be shared if you use thier clubs coupon code)
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- the right to request your personal data be erased (in certain circumstances); where we no longer have a legal reason to keep it (the right to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to correct and update any incorrect personal data we hold about you;
- the right to opt-out of marketing communications that we may send you and the right to object from us using / holding your personal data when we have no legitimate reasons to do so;
- the right to restrict processing where we’d securely retain your data for your benefit but not use it otherwise;
- the right to ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format;
- the right to ask us to provide a structured machine-readable copy of the data we hold about you to another organisation (data portability)
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above please contact us using the contact details found on our contact page.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 Days. Sometimes it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
When you place an order through www.rcmodelz.co.uk , we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We will delete your customer information upon request to the Data Protection Officer within 30 days of asking us to do so once we’ve confirmed that the request is a legitimate request.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 – We do not knowingly collect data from children.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please email us email@example.com or alternatively you can make a request by mail using the details below:
RC Modelz LTD,
34-36 Whalley Banks.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|